Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yummy Fresh Fish for dinner...anyone?

Being in KL for the last 20 years, I do have my small list of eat out restaurants. You know lah,.. sometimes my friends, clients and suppliers will share with me some of their favorite eating haunt.

Honestly I will try to eat anything as long as I don't get food poisoning that leaves me looking for the washroom for the next 3 days. Em,..I had even tried the infamous HK's Chow Tau Foo and a few other less exotic dishes just for fun.

Anyway, the only thing I dislike is the hygiene in preparing the food. To make a point, I took this some time back in Kepong, near where I work. What I saw was a worker preparing food by the back lane....yes, I said back lane. Fortunately I had never patronize the restaurant before, but I am sure you will see more of this elsewhere.

See mum...no need tables to prepare the food, easy lah

No wonder my friends always say "If you enjoy the food there, make sure you don't go into their washroom or kitchen", true? I still remember during the late 80s, I had one of bout of food poisoning during Easter after eating somewhere offering cheap & great tasting food along Ipoh. Some of my friends who ate the same food also came down with food poisoning. I had a plate of food & ended up 2x in the washroom and a good friend had two and a half plate ended up 5x in the washroom. I remember seeing at least six of them waiting in line for their turn to use the washroom.


So the next time you plan to have a good meal outside, you might want to consider checking out the toilet, the kitchen and the back lane before ordering your food.

My, my...it's my lunch time now (1pm). Bon Appetit for now.

No comments: