Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My passion for comics..

Asterix the Gaul (1961) was created by Goscinny & Uderzo.
A great blend of history and modern punch line.




Hergé (1907-1983) was the Belgian creator of Tintin

Since childhood, I have been an ardent reader of comics. I had read so many that i had lost count, I began reading from The Beano Comics, Danny and progress to DC & Marvel comics. Here are some of those I still cherish and some which I had collected and plan to share with my kids.

I am not those who seal it up in special plastic folders for trading or investment. See if you can identify some of these comics...enjoy!



Dr. Slump - authored by Akira Toriyama (1980)
Cute and original..you got to love it.

Goku in Dragon Ball series authored by Akira Toriyama (1984)
Read his collections over 4 years...wow. No regrets.

Akira as illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo (series from 1982 - 1990)
..themes of social isolation, corruption & power.


Ah..Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson (1985),
they remind me of the little boy in me

Groo by Sergio Aragones (1981)
Silly & totally hilarious..love reading it all over again!

Comics are not just appreciated by children all over the world but by adults alike. There are a few local stores in KL catering for serious collectors as well as ardent readers who wish to enjoy the wonderful stories and illustrations created by brilliant authors & scriptwriters from all over the world.

Enjoy the art of reading comics and be a child at heart all over again.

No comments: