Friday, May 9, 2008

The day I met YB Lim Guan Eng (CM of Penang)

One fine day while I was out to meet my client @ the 2008 Halal Food Expo, guess who did I least expected to meet? Nope, not Bill Gates and definitely not President George Bush. These fellas won't make their way to makan makanan halal in Kuala Lumpur for sure.


Pak Lah with his loads of body guards...don't play play ya

Aiya..I met YB Lim Guan Eng our 2008 Chief Minister of Penang! He was with a group of ministers, including our Pak Lah, the Prime Minister of Malaysia who officiate the Food Expo. I just walked into the group with no where to get out of their path, so I eagerly took my old and faithful Canon PowerShot S30 and took a few shots to remember the faces who walked the Corridor of Power.

After Pak lah passed me by (I didn't shake his hands as he was too busy keeping a keen expression on the booths & products) and I saw Guan Eng a short distance behind him. And I said to myself, "I know that familiar face...".



Gee...I guess I lack the formality and grace to greet the YB. W
ith an excited face, I just said "Guan Eng, hai! How are you?". Sounds like meeting an old buddie but at least I felt comfortable talking to a political figure whom I read so much about, both on blogs and mainstream media.

I can't help it as he was walking away to catch up with the group of ministers, I jumped at the chance to request for a photo shot with him. He humbly accepted (after thinking for 3 seconds) tho I know he had to rejoined the group soon. I thanked him for the pleasant opportunity for a photo session with me. I hope he will strive to do us proud in re-branding Penang's economy to face a tough global competition.

To know more about YB Lim Guan Eng, please do log on to the following sites below & I am sure you will find these reading interesting...
  1. Wikipedia - Lim Guan Eng
  2. DAP Malaysia
  3. The Trial of Lim Guan Eng
So, that was my little close encounter with YB Lim Guan Eng.

All the BEST for your new administration & please deliver your promises. You definitely have our support for a fair, transparent & accountable state government of Penang.

1 comment:

Beng Suan said...

What a day it must have been...to be allowed to take pix with YAB Lim Guan Eng, even after without proper salutation. He must be thinking...."perhaps this is an old friend from Pg whom I just can't recall the name". His humility must have been due to all the hardships and humiliation he had to go through before being vindicated to power. Let's hope this will continue even as and after DAP gains the trust and support of the Penang people.